Music comes first for Kombo

Gospel diva Ivy Kombo who recently graduated with a law degree from University of Bedfordshire said her new qualification would not affect her passion for music.

BY JAIROS SAUNYAMA

Speaking from her base in the United Kingdom, the Nguva Yakwana hitmaker said music was her number one passion and she would soon be releasing a new album.

“Music is my number one hobby and I will not quit. I know I have been quiet for a long time, but that is how it is in life,” said Kombo.
“I passed [the degree] with a 2.1 class and I will certainly practise law but my music comes first. I am so happy as this is the fulfillment of the scripture which says ‘seek ye the Kingdom of God first and all things will be added unto you’.

“After serving the Lord from a teen age, preaching in the rural areas and going without food for the gospel, praying in the mountains, sacrificing school time and giving to the needy, I have seen all the achievements being a fulfillment of scripture. This is my own story and no one can take it from me,” said Kombo.

Kombo is one of Zimbabwe’s most successful female singers. The gospel star, propelled to national stardom by hits such as Nguva Yakwana and Handidzokere Shure, has had a fairly tumultuous private life.
She is now based in Luton, England with her husband, Bishop Admire Kasi and is now referred to as Prophetess Kombo-Kasi.

The better part of her music career was marred by controversy when she was rumoured to be having an extra-marital affair with Kasi.

The rumour proved true when she married Kasi just after parting ways with her husband Admire Moyo. Kasi’s marriage also broke down due to the relationship and the lovebirds relocated to the United Kingdom where they head Upperview Ministries International church.

12 Responses to Music comes first for Kombo

1. stan August 4, 2013 at 11:03 am #

now u can sue all uninformed hoodlums

• Grace August 6, 2013 at 1:20 am #

Editor do you mean a para legal certificate? I am sure so.
      A law degree in the 1st world takes about eight years and the requirements are usually prohibitive. The way I know Ms Kombo’s IQ makes me doubt your story. Tipeiwo maserious please and dont get bribes to publish lies. Tiratidzeiwo copy ye degree racho tapota.

• African Tiger August 7, 2013 at 1:52 am #

Haaaaaa majerasi in UK they don’t give fake degrees loool u don’t qualify to be shown the proof ure too jelousy idiot

2. Zvakaoma August 4, 2013 at 7:09 pm #

Where is the preacher to to warn these two adulterer & adulteress that the King of kings is coming. In their church adultery is allowed. The bible says “thou shall not commit adultery”.

3. Dandiranyika International August 4, 2013 at 11:08 pm #

@ Zvakaoma you are right, what Admire Kasi & Ivy Kombo did is adultery. Hope they do make peace with God as we all must do for the sins we commit.

• denny August 5, 2013 at 7:43 am #

God is a forgiving father and is all forgiving to those who repent of their sins.How many sins have you committed yourself and no one knows about them?First remove the beam from your own eye, and then you will see clearly enough to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.” NET Bible You hypocrite!

• African Tiger August 7, 2013 at 1:54 am #

You are so right, personally i have always though the two received very much unfair treatment considering how much same hypocrites are sinning

4. oliver August 5, 2013 at 12:24 pm #

Kasi does not qualify to be a church leader according to the Bible. He is not a husband of one wife as required since he is a divorcee as well as Ivy.

• Grace August 6, 2013 at 1:21 am #

Editor do you mean a para legal certificate? I am sure so.

5. Saunyama August 6, 2013 at 5:36 am #

The Bible in (Hebrews 12:14) says, ”Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord”. God’s desire for his children is to be holy and blameless.

6. Mark August 6, 2013 at 12:05 pm #

h

7. Caro White Lady August 17, 2013 at 10:01 pm #

its clear that these two have serious issues.