Wow. Another year gone by. And what a year it was! Most people I have been speaking to are very pessimistic about 2016. You hear words like “It is going to be worse than 2015.” Or, “Prepare yourself for more suffering in 2016”.
When things are difficult, our minds become so burdened by worries that we do not see anything good when it happens. Opportunities pass us by because we are too busy worrying. I believe the most important mental and spiritual principle ever discovered is that “you become what you think about most of the time”. Your outer world is very much a reflection of your inner world. What is going on outside of you is a reflection of what is going on inside of you. You might not believe it but there are many people in our country who are thriving, happy and growing, even in this tough economic environment. These people are inspired internally and they do not waste time worrying over things they cannot change.
In times like these, we need some inspiration to help us clear our minds and see the world in a different light. Here are some inspirational quotes from various thinkers that I have collected which I hope will inspire you to become a winner in 2016.
- Why worry about a disrupted economy when you can build your own economy via the pursuit of mastery.
- Generosity is the cure for scarcity. Be the most giving person in every room you are in and life will reward you with uncommon blessings. Remember: doing good in expectation of some return is no gift — it is an exchange.
- A monumental vision means, en route to the summit, you are certain to experience monumental hurts. That is just the price of bravery. Stay in the game. Longer than any naysayers suggest you should.
- Optimism is a gorgeous contagion.
- Busy is not productivity. Fake work is not real work. Fight for focus. And execute on what counts.
- Love is the antidote to fear.
- Legendary performers are generated via their daily rituals more than their inherited talents.
- Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
- Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
- We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
- Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.
- The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.
- It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.
- There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.Mark Twain
- All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.
- The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
- The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.
- If you tell the truth, you do not have to remember anything.
- I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humour, and some style.
- If you do not like something, change it. If you cannot change it, change your attitude. Nothing will work unless you do.
- You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.
- A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves.
- If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading.
- Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.Mahatma Gandhi
- The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
- You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
- Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
- I suppose leadership at one time meant muscles; but today it means getting along with people.
Remember, what you think of most is what you become. Therefore, stop worrying over things you cannot change. Instead, focus your mind on creativity and positive thoughts.
I hope these inspirational quotes will help you clear your mind and become a winner. Have a great 2016!
Phillip Chichoni is a consultant who helps SMEs and entrepreneurs build sustainable businesses. You may contact him by email, email@example.com. You can also visit http://smebusinesslink.com