I was threatened: Tobaiwa Mudede

REGISTRAR General Tobaiwa Mudede claims he received threats from the media and “high places” while writing his controversial book on family planning.

BY VENERANDA LANGA

Mudede launched the book titled, Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) and Population Control Drugs in Developing Countries in Harare on Friday.

However, the controversial Mudede said threats and intimidation will not deter him and his co-author Richard Hondo from propagating their theories against modern contraception methods in favour of traditional methods because they had fought many fierce battles before.

Addressing over 100 people who had attended the book launch, Mudede said their families feared they would be killed.

“It is a journey in which we have been threatened and our families thought they would lose us and we were warned by MPs to prepare for trouble,” he claimed.

“We are not to be threatened, we are not afraid, because Mudede has fought physical battles in Mbare in stage fights, and I can use a riffle and hit a buffalo at 173 metres.

“I hunt the big five except lions, and so when you face this man who does not have a big tummy, you should know he is not afraid.”

Hondo added: “When we were writing this book, we were given pressure from intimidation, threats, but there is always a price to pay whenever one man tries to do any service for another.”

In his book, Mudede challenged journalists from The Standard and NewDay, Phyllis Mbanje and
Veneranda Langa to offer better methods of family planning if they thought his were not good.

“To those who thought differently, NewsDay scribes Phyllis Mbanje and Veneranda Langa being prominent in this group, we say it would have been more helpful if they had offered better methods than we are advocating, rather than just vent their perpetual displeasure with the authors, or advocate the continued use of clearly harmful drugs,” Mudede and Hondo wrote.

Conspicuous by their absence at the book launch were Ministry of Health officials.

In their book, Mudede and Hondo attacked modern family methods like depo-provera, norplant, jadelle, and others, saying they are a threat to women’s health and a ploy by the West to control Africa’s population growth.

The book lists more than 57 defects that it claims were caused by modern family planning methods.
Mudede and Hondo also give advice on how to use traditional birth control methods like withdrawal, abstaining from sexual intercourse during the fertile phases of the menstrual cycle and herbal remedies.

The two also bragged about their slim bodies, saying they never consumed GMOs, which they say are very harmful to health.

Speaker after speaker during the launch praised the book, and women gave testimonies alleging modern family planning methods were bad and harmful to their health, causing excessive bleeding, loss of libido, poor eyesight, headaches, weight gain and a myriad other problems.

9 Responses to I was threatened: Tobaiwa Mudede

1. mbeswa March 13, 2016 at 6:23 am #

Lets analyse what these guys wrote rather than just dismissing it at face value

• solo March 13, 2016 at 6:12 pm #

These guys are not scientists as far as I can tell so with all due respect I think it’s voodoo science in the book?

2. Observer March 13, 2016 at 7:37 am #

I don’t see how and from where he got threats by writing a book on family planning. Is it from pharmaceutical companies?
    Which battles have you fought Cde? Nikuv?

3. levi March 13, 2016 at 9:01 am #

Mudede destroyed the will of the people. People voted for their leader and you kept on giving out voted, unwanted leaders power to lead. That is a dilema. We are looking for good leaders who can take our country forward.
    Vote rigging, manipulation, wisting, tempering were orders that destroyed our country.

4. zai March 13, 2016 at 11:44 am #

Who would threaten you & your family for expressing your thoughts instead of threatening you for curtailing the will of the people through vote rigging? Or is it because ppl are beginning to exercise what you & your superiors taught them – curtail the citizens’ freedom of expression?

5. jjajja maria March 13, 2016 at 6:06 pm #

Am a spiritual healer I do spells on marriage love luck promotion at work divorce and stop divorce bring back your lost lover within three days,win court cases ,boost business,financial blessings ,win casino ,lotto and jackpot,magic wallet &magic ring, penis enlargement and enhancement etc.call me on + 27735333936.healingsonly@gmail.com

6. Maragaraga March 14, 2016 at 9:28 am #

Tobaiwa is 100% right, i guess he has been approached by jesuits before. Keep it up, am going to join you

7. profahsaf March 15, 2016 at 8:59 am #

SHE SAVED MY MARRIAGE AND BLESSED ME FINANCIALLY THROUGH A SPECIAL PRAYERS THAT ACTIVATED THE ANOINTING OIL WHICH ALSO CONQUERED MY ENEMIES AT MY WORK PLACE.Several years of unhappiness in my marriage led to loneliness, continuous crying and suffering,after hearing about mama with a healing hand,i decided to visit her in her temple where she read my fortune accurately and told me about my past life,my marriage and business and in a MAGIC POT OF ANOINTED OIL.She performed a special prayer according to the BIBLE IN THE BOOK OF RUTH CHAPTER 1, NAOMI TOLD RUTH TO WASH HERSELF AND PUT THE ANOINTING OIL ON AND GO AND LAY BESIDE BOAZ AND HE WOULD ACCEPT HER AND MARRY HER! SHE DID AND HE MARRIED HER! and in less than 3 days all my problems were over and I`m very happy in my marriage and my husband left his girl friend and came back to me.She also gave me powerful magic pot to boost my business and its stability and paid all my debts,ring to protect me from my enemies,magic wallet to increase my financial blessings and promotion at work .There is no any other way i can thank you but to tell others about you and your work!contact her +27735333936 email her ,healingsonly@gmail.com

8. profahsaf March 15, 2016 at 9:59 pm #

SHE SAVED MY MARRIAGE AND BLESSED ME FINANCIALLY THROUGH A SPECIAL PRAYERS THAT ACTIVATED THE ANOINTING OIL WHICH ALSO CONQUERED MY ENEMIES AT MY WORK PLACE.Several years of unhappiness in my marriage led to loneliness, continuous crying and suffering,after hearing about prof with a healing hand,i decided to visit her in her temple where he read my fortune accurately and told me about my past life,my marriage and business and in a MAGIC POT OF ANOINTED OIL.he performed a special prayer according to the BIBLE IN THE BOOK OF RUTH CHAPTER 1, NAOMI TOLD RUTH TO WASH HERSELF AND PUT THE ANOINTING OIL ON AND GO AND LAY BESIDE BOAZ AND HE WOULD ACCEPT HER AND MARRY HER! SHE DID AND HE MARRIED HER! and in less than 2 days all my problems were over and I`m very happy in my marriage and my husband left his girl friend and came back to me.he also gave me powerful magic pot to boost my business and its stability and paid all my debts,ring to protect me from my enemies,magic wallet to increase my financial blessings and promotion at work .There is no any other way i can thank you but to tell others about you and your work!contact her +27604180512 email her ,professo1980@gmail.com.