HomeSportChunga silences supporters, critics

Chunga silences supporters, critics

Kiglon had the CAPS United faithful in jitters as they scored first in the 18th minute through Danger Fourpence who converted from the spot.
However, Simba Sithole quickly replied as he headed in a Marvel Samaneka cross before adding another one in the 23rd minute.  Samaneka then had his name on the score sheet in the 31st minute before Kiglon shot themselves in the foot with Paul Marazanyi’s own goal in the 36th minute. The exciting Pride Tafirenyika put the final nail on the Kiglon coffin when he struck from close range in the 48th minute.

The victory came as a relief to Chunga and the United directors as the team’s fans had been baying for the coach’s head after a string of poor results.
Chunga however was mum on the team’s performance after the match yesterday as he just smiled on his way to the dressing room.

However, yesterday’s victory saw the Green Machine, who were watched by their former sons, Nyasha Mushekwi and Method Mwanjali,  moving to position four with 17 points from 11 games. There was drama after the match as the team’s directors Twine Phiri, Farai Jere and Maxwell Mironga tried to make Chunga join them in saluting the team’s fans.

Chunga reluctantly followed the trio to the City End bay to salute the fans,  who obliged with a rousing applause unlike the previous weeks where they hurled insults at him.

This was the match in which the Gods really smiled at the Green Machine as the team was playing some attacking football.

Steven Alimenda was outstanding in the middle of the park as he harassed the Kiglon attack and so was the striking duo of Washington Pakamisa and Sithole.

Pakamisa, who started the match ahead of Evans Gwekwerere,  who was not even on the bench, was a thorn in the flesh of the Kiglon defence as he had a hand in most of the Green Machine’s raids.

Kiglon started the match on the offensive and it came as no surprise when they surged ahead in the 18th minute through Fourpence.

Nyasha Mukumbi was alleged to have brought down Witness Nyamutsaka in the box in what appeared to have been a harsh decision.

Up stepped Fourpence who sent Muzondiwa Gonese the wrong way to send the few but noisy Dynamos supporters housed at the Vietnam stand into frenzy.

However, the lead was to be short-lived as CAPS quickly responded with Sithole burying Samaneka’s cross from the right three minutes later.

Sithole was not finished as he increased his goal tally to seven two minutes later when he beat Fourpence before slamming in his second of the afternoon.

Recent Posts

Stories you will enjoy

Recommended reading

Wadi eyes SA Premiership

Do. or do not

We still have a chance