Ex-wife exposes Chiwenga

IT has been quite a hectic month or two for Jocelyn Chiwenga as the estranged wife of Zimbabwe Defence Forces Commander General Constantine Chiwenga suffered a divorce, the humiliation of two evictions and alleged threats to her life.

BY OUR STAFF

From her eviction at Dockson Farm in Goromonzi last month, threatening phone calls from unknown people to fresh dislodgment from her Borrowdale Brooke mansion on Friday, Jocelyn’s eyes tell a story of someone who has missed sleep for a number of days.

Her property is strewn all over her new house in the same neighbourhood as she tries to put things together and start a new life.

Among the papers on the lawn outside is a Valentine’s Day message from the General during their happier days, pictures of then lovebirds holidaying in Hong Kong and several other books about the liberation struggle.

Jocelyn sings her “I feel good” song and bares soul on life in the arms of the defence forces chief, her feelings, her wish to write a book and assist women who suffer abuse.

“I feel so good because God has shown me the way to keep quiet and follow the law. I feel so good. I don’t have confidence in the judge who sat on our case but I feel good with all the judges. I am proud of who I am and what I have achieved in life,” she said.

“In future I will write a book about my life under the arm of an abusive General,” she told The Standard.

Jocelyn blames her woes on falling in love with Chiwenga and ultimately marrying him in 1998 despite being advised against the move by her family.

“I regret ever marrying him. If I had known he was an abusive husband like this, I would not have married him. I don’t care now, I am out of his system,” she said.

“I married him against my relatives’ advice, but love is blind.”

Chiwenga reportedly left the matrimonial home in April of 2010 and from then, he has not even made a phone call to his now former wife or adopted child, The Standard was told.

When The Standard visited her new home yesterday, she was putting things together and said although the place was smaller, she would find peace and joy there.

Since 2002, the couple had stayed at the spacious uphill Borrowdale Brooke mansion that overlooks President Robert Mugabe’s home. Jocelyn said it was shocking that soldiers were sent to evict women at that house, herself, three maids and her personal assistant.

Asked whether she felt let down by other people in government or the party in her divorce case and her current situation, she said: “I don’t feel let down because they all tried to talk to us but the man [Chiwenga] has no respect for anyone. He tells people to mind their own business, so who can advise such a person.”

She added: “All this is to spite me after he committed a crime, bigamy is a crime and I am suing for US$40 million for that.”

Jocelyn said she was not bitter but would rather pray for Chiwenga.

“I am not angry with him. I feel sorry for the General and only God knows. I will forgive him and pray for him, he really needs to know God. He is not the only one that went to war but he wants to portray himself as a hero of heroes,” she said.

“Now I feel I have managed to fight for all the women in Zimbabwe and will not stop fighting. People should respect the words they say when they get married. He doesn’t know how to say ‘I am sorry or please’.”

After her eviction from Dockson Farm by more than 20 Presidential Guard officers recently and before she could recover from that, the soldiers and police accompanied the deputy sheriff to her home and forced her out.

On Friday, truckloads of the security officers were brought to her place and evicted her. She was given orders not to take what they thought was their boss’s property.

“They drank beer and wine and most of them got drunk and started behaving funny,” she said.

“They did exactly what they did to me at the farm. They came here without a court order and said they were working under instruction. There were police and soldiers [that were] not in uniform,” she told our sister paper, NewsDay.

Jocelyn went through a nasty divorce with the army boss who is now stripping her of several properties after a protracted court battle.

The two were married in November 1998 before their marriage irretrievably broke down in 2012 when Chiwenga filed for divorce citing Jocelyn’s alleged violent behaviour.

The army boss who could not be reached for comment is now customarily married to Mary Mubaiwa, an ex-model. Mubaiwa was formerly married to ex-Zimbabwe national team forward Shingi Kawondera.

The divorce case has been going on under a media blackout after Chiwenga’s lawyers from Scanlen and Holderness obtained a High Court order barring the media from reporting on the case’s proceedings.

Though many seem to sympathise with her because of the treatment she is getting, others sympathetic to former Prime Minister and MDC-T leader Morgan Tsvangirai feel she is having a taste of her own medicine.

Asked yesterday whether she attacked Tsvangirai or not, as has been the sentiment within the MDC-T circles, Jocelyn explained: “Tsvangirai never reported that case because really there was nothing. I didn’t go after Tsvangirai but I went to a CNN cameraman who was focussing on empty shelves and told him to take videos of shelves where there were groceries.”

“I only told Tsvangirai not to call for sanctions against his country and I am glad we learnt a lesson because he now sees that. Sanctions have killed business in Zimbabwe but we as Zimbabweans are fighters, we will get up and go. We are strong.”

Asked whether she felt betrayed by the government or Zanu PF, she said: “No, I don’t feel let down. I only feel let down by the judge in this case because the previous judges would speak to us, advise us.”

“He [Chiwenga] thinks he is above the law because there was never an eviction order and how can you go and get a divorce grant when my lawyers are not there? What is he teaching the young soldiers?”

17 Responses to Ex-wife exposes Chiwenga

1. Hapana zvamunondiita October 5, 2014 at 1:42 pm #

Ini handitambise sympathy yangu pagevhenga iri, abuse 2 women, 2 them only occurs wen a Zanu pf member/wife of a Zanu pf member’s a victim, ko hanzvadzi yangu who was raped by a Zanu pf mob back in 2008, ko women in Matabeleland who were beaten Gukurahundi era nhasi pwetere pwetere. Hw dare she talks of sanctions yet choosing 2 ignore é numerous properties éy had wch r under dispute n hw they acquired them under “sanctions” She grabbed é horticulture farm n cries foul wen é same happens 2 her. Wat goes around comes around!!! PS NO ONE IS INTERESTED IN YOUR BOOK, SO PLIZ DON’T WASTE TIME, ATTENTION SEEKER

2. zibako October 5, 2014 at 4:38 pm #

Asi amai mungade kurwisisana na Chiwenga. Simba renyu rakawandisa .Kana Ngwena munobata namaoko. Haasi Tsvangirai uyu.If you had one you were going to portray the wrong picture as well.

3. Themba Nxumalo October 5, 2014 at 8:34 pm #

Jocelyn why don’t you invite your outfit Heritage Zimbabwe to fight for your cause. If I remember well that outfit had Grace Mugabe, Tafataona Mahoso as members. Very patriotic Zimbabweans who can resolve your issues. They can also rop in the new found herald analyst Dr Manyeruke

4. 1 Nyadzonya 1 October 5, 2014 at 10:13 pm #

kkkkkkkkkkk hehe hehehe Jocelyne, you are a woman who abused other women, who do you want to help. Unopenga! varikumakuva vachamuka!!! Hausati…..Jocelyne, I told you, before you can be forgiven by anyone, you need to do the right thing and ask for forgiveness from Maggie, unomuziva, nezvawaimuita!!! Nemurume mukuru uya wawakanyepera iwe uriwe wakawanikwa uchiita nyaya dzako pa farm ipapo, hawaimbopagara!! akafa achirwadziwa murume mukuru nemanyepo ako!! You know what I am talking about. Wakarwadzisa vanhu vakawanda. Isu titori symphathetic kumaCdes edu awakaoensa chimoto.

Iwe Jocelyn NDIWE waifunga kuti uri above the law, wakurwadziwa manje, chimwe nechimwe chinenguva yacho. It can take one, 30, or 50 years, utsinye will catch up!! Dai wa namata muzvokwadi unowana rubatsiro. Usfunge kuti vamwe vanhu vese imatsi kana mapofu. Mweya wemaCdes haushungurudzwi.

5. Constance Chiwenga October 6, 2014 at 12:07 am #

Mazuva ano tete Jocylne ndaka manikidzana nemari. Ndashaya hope veduwe. Ndanga ndichida kutumira mari yekutenga mapiritsi amakanzi munwe nemadoctors. Ndakawona uso papicture depression yenyu yakwira. Zvakare maziso kuratidza bi-polar mukati icharapika? Nhai tete zvakanzi mushonga we schizophrenic uri kuti South Africa nadoctor uya akakupayi prescription yacho here? Please tumirayi muti uwuye. Musakanganwe zvaakati ikasvika paadvanced stage it becomes unmanageable. Rambayi muchinwa muti uya wemood swings. Uyo urikushanda chaizvo munhu kupedza 4 months asina kumboita confrontation. Handifare nezvakaitwa nabhudhi Constantine kusiya mukadzi woroora tsvingudzi. Anyway it doesn’t matter because imi muri tsvingidzi too.

6. stika October 6, 2014 at 12:56 am #

She was mean. What goes around comes around.

7. Sam Chiko October 6, 2014 at 4:13 am #

Jocelyn used to go around terrorizing MDC and Daily News people, now she wants sympathy. She actually needs to be on trial for political violence. Stupid woman!!!!

8. studio77 October 6, 2014 at 7:11 am #

Chinobhururuka chinomhara. Makambobhururuka pamusoro paTsvangirai hezvo zvokupandukirai kkkkkk. You are violent amai kwete gen Chiwenga. vazhinji takazviona pamakaonererwa muchiti Tsvangison akunai akatiza. VaChiwenga mutorerei imba yaaenda kusvika atizira kuruzevha kkkkkk

9. Mendeka October 6, 2014 at 1:20 pm #

True justice from God Almighty indeed and it makes all of us appreciate the Lord’s hand. This woman terrorized everybody and became a terrorrist in Harare as she claimed she wanted to taste the blodd of a whiteman when she was usurping a white-owned farm. She followed Tsvangirai as if she wanted to chuck him out of her own land Zimbabwe. How the might have met the Almighty God!! I even doubt that the husband was origionally hersm akatorera vamwe nhai? God shall reign all such situations.

10. Billy Pule October 6, 2014 at 1:25 pm #

Kwasara Grace manje!

11. bhana October 7, 2014 at 9:52 pm #

i feel sorry mrs chiwengwa for what you are going thru.i encourage to put your worries and burdens unto the lord.even if you made blunders and errors he will freely forgive.pick up the pieces and move on

12. zvava October 9, 2014 at 9:48 am #

no matter what u go thru god is always there for u

13. christinakilimanjaro October 9, 2014 at 12:52 pm #

a very delicate matter that should be deal with by the courts

14. charlie October 9, 2014 at 8:19 pm #

Wat goes around comes around. Kana iye Mary wacho it will happen to her also. General atori nemunyama wevakadzi anongoroora those who are mentally challenged maybe zvaakabata ndozvinopa kudaro. Izvezvi ari kungopiwa vana vasiri vake sorry hake vana va accountant uyu.. go figure

15. kwa mutare October 10, 2014 at 3:25 pm #

im looking for a small car rent to buy $200/week
    call 0772 239 258

16. gonawapotera October 12, 2014 at 9:07 am #

The words people say during weddings are said by the Pastor and you are supposed to follow those words without question. This is why people end up braking those promises made by the Pastor on behalf of the people who are wedding. The concept of Bigamy is a whitemen’s concept crafted by some Roman Emperor out of desperation because he and his men had been banished to a place where there were not enough women. So he decreed that one man should have one wife since there are not many women to go around. Our women are foolish. They destroy their own homes because their husband has decided to add one more “helper” to help his Senior helper. Women were created as an after thought… to serve men. Its as simple as that.

• Qawe laMaqawe October 12, 2014 at 9:27 am #

Yes this woman was no good at all but to tell you the truth you wrote rubbish here @gonawapotera. Unoreve kuti dai wari maiwako uchitaura zvakaora kudayi? Mukadzi munhu akasikwa sekusikwa kwakaitwa with everything similar to you except the reproductive functions and most women have more brains than you going by your thinking on the post you put up.

© 2020 The Zimind. All Rights reserved.

123