A new group of unidentified men laid siege on Alpha Media Holdings chairman Trevor Ncube’s Harare home on Friday night, a week after men in army uniform caused havoc at the property.
BY STAFF REPORTER
Ncube believes the visits are meant to intimidate him for speaking against misrule in Zimbabwe.
“At approximately 6:15pm this evening [Friday August 19 2016], six men in an Isuzu KB Twin Cab AAX1530 visited my home, saying they were looking for me. The car had registration plates in front only,” he said.
“The six men in civilian clothes were aggressive and rude to my security guard and staff.
“They said they wanted to talk to the people who saw the men in military uniform who visited last week.”
Ncube said when officials from a security company that provides guards at his home arrived, the six intruders “got into an argument with the security guards and left shortly thereafter”.
The Zimbabwe Defence Forces (ZDF) on Friday dissociated itself from the suspected military officials, who visited Ncube’s home uninvited earlier in the week.
ZDF spokesperson, Brigadier-General John Chris Mupande, in a statement, said the military had no hand in the visits.
Mupande said part of the ZDF regalia, such as berets, caps and badges were obtainable from many sources and were subject to abuse, and are, “therefore, not by themselves proof that anyone adorning them is a bonafide member”.
Last week, Ncube said the men who first visited his home were driving an army car. They asked who owned the house and demanded to take a tour of the property.
Bizarrely, the first docket, after Ncube’s family made a police report, went missing and another had to be opened.