Chamisa bemoans tribalism, supports Ndebele king

MDC-T president Nelson Chamisa yesterday railed against the “Shonalisation” of Zimbabwe, saying tribal conflicts militated against the country “moving forward.
Addressing an MDC Alliance rally in Dete, Matabeleland North province, Chamisa said it was disheartening that other tribes other than those with Shona roots were not getting “preferential” treatment in the country.

By NQOBANI NDLOVU

Only devolution could right the wrongs of tribalism, said Chamisa in his address, adding deliberate tribalisation was to blame for the underdevelopment of Matabeleland.
“We don’t want the ‘Shonalisation’ of Zimbabwe. My government, our government, the people’s government will respect all tribes, traditions, languages of all our people,” said Chamisa.

“We cannot, for example, have the continuation of a situation, for example, where the majority of judges are from Mashonaland . . . this has to come to a stop and we are not apologetic about that.

“We want a Zimbabwe which reflects who we are as Zimbabweans.

“It should never be about tribe and after my two terms of office, I would love to ensure that I leave a Ndebele president.”

The underdevelopment and supposed marginalisation has radicalised some pressure groups and political parties such as Mthwakazi Republic Party to push for secession but Chamisa pledged to unite Zimbabweans across tribe and race.

He also waded into the revival of the Ndebele kingship issue, blaming government for frustrating the cultural rights of those pushing for the revival of the Ndebele kingdom.

Government last week blocked the coronation of Bulelani Khumalo as the Ndebele king saying the ceremony was unconstitutional and illegal. The last Ndebele King was Lobengula following the destruction of the Ndebele kingdom by the British Pioneer Column in 1893.

“What is the problem? Let us allow the king to be put in place. It’s all about a people’s culture and tradition,” he said.

“Our cultures and traditions have to be respected, and that way we are going to be stronger as a nation.

“The government must also find closure to the Gukurahundi issue,” he added, promising party supporters heaven on earth once elected into office.

MDC and People’s Democratic Party leaders, Welshman Ncube and Tendai Biti respectively called on MDC alliance supporters to vote for Chamisa in honour of the late MDC-T leader Morgan Tsvangirai.

“We have no option but to unite from the party branches, ward and provincial level and vote out Zanu PF to fulfil Tsvangirai’s wishes and aspirations,” Ncube said.

10 Responses to Chamisa bemoans tribalism, supports Ndebele king

1. mbosto March 11, 2018 at 10:38 am #

he has my vote nothing that will hold me back. chamisa chamisa chamisa

2. Benah March 11, 2018 at 11:19 am #

What a wonderful testimony some time things you don’t believe can just happen. My name is Mrs Nzimande from East London am 45 years old i got married at the age of 23 i have only one child and i was living happily .After one year of my marriage my husband behavior became so strange and i didn’t really understand what was going on, he packed out of the house to another woman i loved him so much that i never dreamt of losing him, i tried all possible ways to make sure that my husband got back to me but all to no avail i cried and i cried seeking for help i discussed it with my best friend and she promise to help me she told me of a great woman based in Johannesburg who only specializes in bringing back lost lovers within 2 days and that she is trustworthy.She gave me her contacts +27670533178 gave her a call and i told her everything that happened all she told me was that i should not worry that all my problems would be solved immediately. She told me what to do to get my husband back and i did, she said after 3 days my husband would come back to me and start confessing, it really happened within that period she told me i was very surprised and very, very happy our relationship was now very tight and we both live happily again. Mama theres no way i can thank u apart from telling the whole world what u did for me .She also helps in financial blessing,winning lotto,promotion at work win court cases betting .Her contact +27788145199

3. Witness Dube March 11, 2018 at 11:34 am #

So says the young and hypocritical upstart who used the ethnic card and primitive tools like violence to unconstitutionally grab party leadership from Mam’Khupe….get this loudly and clearly, Nelson: waffle all you want but you will certainly be punished severely at the polls in July

• Mam'Mlambo March 11, 2018 at 11:36 am #

F*ck you Benah.

• shumba mutasa March 11, 2018 at 1:05 pm #

That the problem with these tribalists like w dube.

4. Ko Bulawa Kona March 11, 2018 at 1:27 pm #

Quite a youthful way of looking at things Nelson. I am sure, however, that you are quite aware that Kings are not cultural institutions. So I try to figure who are you trying to fool here, yourself ?

5. addmore gudo March 11, 2018 at 3:43 pm #

Itz usually the norm with politicians to speak correct rhetoric, at the right time and in the correct places.If Chamisa is not only trying to get matabeleland votes then he is promising to b the man of the day

6. blessing nyasha March 11, 2018 at 4:57 pm #

dube is tribalistic.. cant u see president chamisa trying to correct the tribal imbalance and u bring khupe issue. do u really understand politics??? you seem to be the king pin organising violence against khupe to discredit chamisa… come out clear. u are persons causing divisions where it is not necessary.

7. kauripo jokonya March 16, 2018 at 2:13 pm #

CHAMISA CHAMISA wat a young and visionary leader that old and dull ED is nowhere closer to you he is jst bersft of constructive ideas.count on me in August

• silver March 17, 2018 at 6:26 pm #

just telling you what you want to hear

© 2018 The Zimind. All Rights reserved.