Chamisa comes out guns blazing

MDC-T president Nelson Chamisa yesterday took his election campaign to Buhera, the home of the opposition party’s late founding leader, Morgan Tsvangirai, where he mocked Zanu PF for trying to spin his recent trip to the United Kingdom.

By Kenneth Nyangani

The MDC Alliance presidential candidate told thousands of party supporters at a rally at Murambinda growth point that he was well-received by hundreds of Zimbabweans living in the UK who were eager to come back home under his administration.

“I met teachers, doctors, nurses and they said they want to come back home,” he said.

“l said that they should come after l have won the election otherwise they will come and work for nothing.

“They have learned a lot overseas. I visited high offices of the [UK] government, but l can’t name them and one of the issues l raised was that we should have a free and fair election [in Zimbabwe].

“We are not going into an election without knowing who is printing the ballot paper, who is to keep the ballot paper, who is going to transport and announce the result of the election.”

He said President Emmerson Mnangagwa and Zanu PF would never win a free and fair election.

“We had an interview in the UK, but l was shocked by the ZBC,” he said.

“They screened the interview, but they have never bothered to invite me as the leader of the biggest party in the country for an interview.

“I know there are divisions in Zanu PF and some of its members are giving me information on how they want to rig the election.”

Zanu PF recently held shambolic primary elections to elect members who will represent the party in the national assembly, senate and council elections.

Chamisa promised a number of policy changes, among them phasing out bond notes.

He also promised civil servants a lavish lifestyle when his party gets into power.

MDC-T Manicaland provincial chairman David Chimhini said he was happy with the good attendance, adding that he was expecting peaceful primary elections.

“We are expecting peaceful primary elections. We don’t want violence. I am happy with the good attendance here in Buhera,” he said.

25 Responses to Chamisa comes out guns blazing

1. Musekadara May 13, 2018 at 6:49 am #

Chamisa should not expect glove treatment from ZANU -PF . Instead he should educate his supporters about how to look for the good in any propaganda broadcast against him.

2. levi May 13, 2018 at 9:12 am #

Thank you for having visited my home, Buhera. God will make a plan to make your effort to for victory is possible

3. chiremba wematombo May 13, 2018 at 9:54 am #

Lets demand the transparency around ballot papers NOW!!!! Zanu yazovora manje, publicly imposing ana Mutsvangwa zvokwadi???

4. kilo May 13, 2018 at 11:05 am #

I wonder if Chamisa ever listens to his advisors. Every weekend he makes a controversial statement. He has failed to fill Morgan Tsvangirayi’s shoes. People are eager and ready for a change but it seems MDC Alliance’s presidential candidate is unfit for that office. MDC Alliance should do a democratic process to choose the presidential candidate. At this rate by the time we reach elections MDC Alliance will be in tatters. Primary elections will divide MDC further and this would be worsened by the undemocratic way Chamisa rose to power. Apart from the discord of primary elections in his party to ‘consensus’ pachave kunetsana with MDC Alliance on councillor, parliamentary and senator seats allocation.Only time will tell.

5. Bvunzawabaya May 13, 2018 at 11:53 am #

This liar who said he met Trump ans was promised 15 billion and then you go on to make him president. Then he even goes on to lie he never said that it’s other people and only a video to surface showing the message coming from his mouth. Ahhhhhhh Give us a break.

6. Guru May 13, 2018 at 12:39 pm #

We no longer interested to listen to a liar. Do you think people can vote you just because you are young, people vote people with ideology and sound policies. Sackur roasted you left, right and centre. I like how he exposed you.

• Blast Wazala May 13, 2018 at 3:06 pm #

So why are you following him, foolish?

7. tantawi. g May 13, 2018 at 12:56 pm #

so poorly minded is this young man. u loudly speak of democracy yet u undemocratically took power.

8. raf May 13, 2018 at 1:09 pm #

Those Zimbabweans who promised to come home after a Chamisa win are deluded if they exist at all. Chamisa’s rise to power does not mean employment immediately becoming available. This has to be the deal clincher, not political promises. In any case given the amount of remittances from UK Zimbos, why is he so interested in them returning home instead of keeping the cash flowing while creating jobs for Zimbvabweans already in the country and langushing in poverty and unemployment? Are we witnessing a Tsvangirayi Anglican cathedral mess once again when he foolishly proclaimed ”…and I won’t mince my words.. Zimbabweans must all come home’ – then hurriedly ushered out the back door from his angry audience.

Zimbabweans are not political pawns to be used when necessary but quickly forgotten when things are going well. Chamisa should focus on forcing the vote for diasporans and creating favourable business and other conditions for them in the country, including the now absolutely necessary recognition of dual nationality not calling them home to face poverty and potentially lose their economic security.

A good number of us left the country when companies closed and jobs could only be dreamt of. We will only consider flocking back when that situation is rectified. In other words, create jobs first and we will follow. Its only fair.

9. Chapwiti May 13, 2018 at 1:22 pm #

Young man don’t worry about being criticized, it’s politics it helps you to remain alert and focused.

10. fatso May 13, 2018 at 2:02 pm #

Raf I think you are a bit mistaken. The duty to create a conducive environment in Zim does not lie with gvt alone whether Chamisa or ED wins.. We as citizens have to play our part more so if you are in the diaspora. Those who have gained critical skills can come home and invest. Why should we cry for FDI from non Zimboz when our daughters and sons dotted around the globe can do it. Look at Ireland, they did exactly that after fleeing from their motherland in the early 90s. Zimbabweans wherever we are, we should not think like workers but potential investors. You wait for the Chinese to invest and when you get employed you cry foul after they pay you peanuts.

• raf May 13, 2018 at 3:35 pm #

I never said Diasporans do not want to invest in the country. Infact, the contrary. I fully recognise the important role Zimbas can play from the diaspora as exemplified by yes the Irish long in the US, Israeli Jews in the US, Indians across the west etc to the promotion of their countries of origin. What I am against is for our leaders to think only by having Zimbabweans return can the country’s economy be improved. Whereas its every individuals responsibility to make use of their business skills, its overwhelmingly the responsibility of government to create jobs. After all, they create and implement the laws. That’s why you find that in the west one of the key questions any potential party leader is asked is how they intend to create jobs. Its their responsibility and they come to power or fail to do so on account of how sound their plans and arguments are in this regard. In Zimbabwe we have a crazy situation in which the government asks citizens to create their own employment/projects but that is clearly a dereliction of duty by Dr government. Most countries in the world ask foreign governments to treat their citizens well and promote their causes. In Zimbabwe they are instead obsessed with calling the back home – why? Compare this come back approach by our leaders with that of South American leaders who urge the US government to give papers to their citizens in the US. Imagine if some people listened to Tsvangirayi and went home in 2011. What would they be saying today? So, no, let the government do its role of job creation in the country. Once this is sorted, diasporans will see no reason to stay abroad. In any case, as exemplified by Jews, the Irish, Indians, etc, Zimbabweans also need a powerful presence abroad, particularly in the UK. Coming home should only be an option but they can equally contributed from wherever they are.

11. temara May 13, 2018 at 2:42 pm #

@BVUNZAWABAYA Its better we vote for a change rather than sticking to tried and tested failures for the the past 38 years…Chisa mbama chisa…its better we try a new liar pane vakanyepa for 38 yrs tichingotambura….

• Blast Wazala May 13, 2018 at 3:06 pm #

Batsira vanhu ava shuwa @temara

12. DT May 13, 2018 at 3:17 pm #

Zimbabwe deserves better not these clueless opposition. Where are real man of integrity in Zimbabwe???

13. DT May 13, 2018 at 3:25 pm #

The higher the monkey climbes the tree, the more it exposes its an..s they always say. Rushing for international platforms is sure lack of prudence. Why blame the little clueless chap? At times i wonder if these guys have advisors…? Or advisors ndivo vana Komichi???

14. PM May 13, 2018 at 4:26 pm #

Chikomana chenyu ichi chamisa chinohumana, bhora pasi

15. pelkanah May 13, 2018 at 5:40 pm #

chamisa is a great deciever, his interview exposed him..he is a man of wishful thinking. who when he gets into power will do trial and error. and another truth is that the west prefers ED. This Chamisa is already threatening to chase away chinese investors(according to his own words) . the west dont trust such a volatile man.. he said he will fix the cash crisis in 14 days. if he fails he will step down. we all know thats a lie. he wont be able to fix the issue in 2 weeks plus he will not step down… if such a young man can lie to this level. how much level of deceit and thieving will he do once he tastes power. remember all africans are the same. tsvangirai mhsrip had 5 mansions 23 vehicles. how many mansions was he gonna have if he eventually became zim president.. chamisa is hungrier and more conniving than TSVANGIRAI Mhsrip

16. Samanyanga VeHurungwe May 13, 2018 at 5:41 pm #

This boy Chamisa is totally confused, a confident liar. If ZANU cheats him he should never cry because he cheated Khupe also. Why is he afraid of internal elections, be knows that he does not have support remember when Biti left he lost to Mwonzora for Secretary General position. A real copy cat of Mugabe

17. thomvee May 13, 2018 at 5:59 pm #

chamisa ane dzungu.. he is a sexist, socialist, liar , pretender, charmer he deserves to lose.

18. mbada May 13, 2018 at 7:23 pm #

pamberi nemi baba. thats politics.. remain strong. tinochinja nyika chete

19. tapiwa May 13, 2018 at 11:35 pm #

We have to be wary of these politicians who are delivering sugar-coated promises.History is littered with examples of politicians who promised much and achieved very little.No sane person should really expect an overnight cure to decades of economic downturn.

20. mama May 14, 2018 at 9:16 pm #

Am blessed with the results from mama’s love spells +27614426924
    Am Amanda 37 years from Capetown, I used to leave in abusive relationship because I was not “conceiving” or not able to get pregnant and i got married in 2007,my lovely man had totally turned into something else, anything small could cause a fight we could rarely talk at home, he no longer respected me, he used to cheat on me and always communicated with women and he wanted to end our relationship because he wanted to see children at home . I pleaded and begged him but his answer were…am tired of you, leave my life I realised that it was out of my hand I nearly committed suicide. I had nursed this broken relationship and burren for over 10 years a friend of mine introduced me to mama After breaking down in tears when I was telling her what am going through. Mama totally changed my life Through A SPECIAL PRAYER OVER THE PHONE because she was far from me so I decided to just call her. surprisingly she told me not to worry all she asked was to follow her guidelines and procedures which I did she asked for my names and my husband ’s name she then revealed to me that my man was being used by another women who was using witchcraft on him she revealed to me the name of this women and it was his E-X that was destroying our happiness.
    In less than 12hours my husband confessed to me and I forgave him cause it was not him to blame.After all that i finally made it and I’m now 8 months pregnant and I did check up in the hosipital that I’m carrying twins .thanks alot sir God bless you
    Are you going through difficulties in your relationship?
    Is your man cheating on you?
    Are you looking forward to have kids and u can’t fall pregnant
    Am truly letting the world to know about mama how she changed my life
    Call or whatsapp her on +27614426924

21. Chinja Mavhotero May 15, 2018 at 3:35 pm #

Don’t listen to these bootlicking Zanu Pf thugs and crooks who want to continue siphoning our resources and spiralling corruption and inflation. Zanu Pf want’s to achieve freedom at the expense of human life.ED and his cohorts are urinating on all Zimbabweans then want’s us to believe it’s raining. That is in the past now Chamisa is a better liar than the 100 day fools promise Mbanje leadership.Chisa mbama chisa!!!!!!!

22. chibarabada May 17, 2018 at 4:27 pm #

No right minded man can throw stones to a fruitless tree. Also remember that a dog cannot bark to a parked car. All those criticising Chamisa know very well that he is capable of holding presidency. Criticise and comment on him the way you like, but the fact is you are actually building on his political career. We want more of those critics, give him advise bla bla bla. thats what the people want. Chimbozvitsvagai kuti at 40 kuti vana ED, Chiwenga, etc vaitaura chirungu saChamisa Chaingozikanwa hudzakutsaku chete. zvichikutovanetsa kutaura chirungu chaicho saka muri kutiiko imi. Tichaonana pamavhoti nyararai zvenyu. CHISA MBAMA CHISA. Kana masoja ari kutomuda mupfana iyeye ndozvamusingazivi.

© 2018 The Zimind. All Rights reserved.