Embattled High Court judge Justice Erica Ndewere has been removed from office with immediate effect.
Ndewere was found guilty on two counts of misconduct and the Tribunal set up by President Emmerson Mnangagwa to investigate the allegations has recommended her removal from office.
- Underfire Justice Ndewere frees MDC Alliance activist
- Ndewere challenges Mabhiza appointment as tribunal secretary
- Mnangagwa suspends Justice Ndewere, sets up tribunal
- Justice Ndewere scales up fight with CJ Malaba
- CJ Malaba lied to Mnangagwa: Ndewere
- 2 conflicting records emerge at Justice Ndewere hearing
- ‘Ndewere was barred from work after suspension’
- Ndewere hearing: Mushore exposes CJ Malaba
- CJ Malaba threatened me: Justice Ndewere
- Justice Ndewere loses High Court appeal
- Sheriff attaches Justice Ndewere’s 2 vehicles
- New twist to Justice Ndewere case
- My suspension a ploy to victimise me: Justice Ndewere
- Justice Ndewere approaches Supreme Court
- JSC workers spy on judges: Justice Ndewere
“His Excellency, the President has accordingly, in terms of section 187 (8) of the Constitution, removed Honourable Justice Erica Ndewere from office with immediate effect,” read a statement issued by chief secretary to the president and cabinet, Micheck Sibanda.
Ndewere was suspended in November last year by Mnangagwa, who later appointed a three-member Tribunal to investigate her for alleged misconduct following a recommendation by the Judicial Service Commission.
His Excellency President Emerson Mnangagwa has fired Justice Erica Ndewere for gross incompetence.
This was after the tribunal recommended to President Mnangagwa that she be "removed from office for gross incompetence."
— 🇿🇼 ZANU PF PATRIOTS 🇿🇼 (@zanupf_patriots) June 17, 2021
“The Tribunal has presented its findings to His Excellency, President of the Republic of Zimbabwe in terms of section 187 (7) of the Constitution. The tribunal has recommended that Honourable Justice Ndewere be removed from office for gross incompetence,” Sibanda said.