Greetings Saints. It's yet another week that we gather here to share the word of God. To encourage one another with the words of hope. May God expand and enlarge you as you go through today's piece. Do not be discouraged, just hold on, help is coming.
Jeremiah 15:20 (NIV)
- I will make you a wall to this people, a fortified wall of bronze; they will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you to rescue and save you," declares the LORD. This scripture is a scripture of assurance. God is telling us, there will be people in our lives, who will fight us. There will be people at work who will plot against you. Some will definitely fight your business. They are allergic to your success, they don't want to see a slight traction towards your success. They will definitely do anything to pull you down. But the Lord declares today, He is with you to rescue you. No matter the situation, help is coming.
Daniel 6:16 (NIV)
- So the king gave the order, and they brought Daniel and threw him into the lions' den. The king said to Daniel, "May your God, whom you serve continually, rescue you!" Hold on, help is coming. Help is coming your way. In ancient times, a King's decree is so binding that anyone who breaks it is either put into prison or killed. Daniel broke the King's decree and he was thrown into the lion's den. Some of you are in the lion's den. Your situation is so hopeless and the spectators expect you to be finished and not rise again. But the good news is keep trusting in the God of Israel, your help is coming. The same angels He dispatched for Daniel are coming your way. Whatever was meant to destroy, will make you stronger it will be your gateway to your promotion.
Luke 8:23 (KJV)
- But as they sailed he fell asleep: and there came down a storm of wind on the lake; and they were filled with water, and were in jeopardy. Fear gripped the disciples the moment the storm approached. They were on a journey and the storm rose and it was a dangerous storm. There are situations when we feel God is quiet, it's like Jesus asleep in the boat during a dangerous situation. Many times as Christians we see our faith tested during a storm. We at times feel as if God has forsaken us. Today there is an assurance, hold on help is coming. God is always there during every good and bad situation. Keep trusting God, do not panic. Don't look far help is just around you.
Lazarus was a friend of Jesus who died when Jesus was preaching and healing people somewhere. They sent for him but He delayed going there and the situation became worse. In our daily life, if a person dies and is buried for three days, the body would have decomposed. This renders the situation unredeemable. There are situations in your life that seem as if they cannot be redeemed. According to the human standards and science of this world, some things cannot be reversed, and as a result many have lost hope or rather, have given up. Despite the state of the situation, Jesus went and resurrected Lazarus to the amazement of many people, who had gathered. I don't know what you are going through. I don't know what state your situation is at. Maybe you have dipped in too much drugs, alcohol or prostitution and you feel you can't be saved. But here is the word for today. Hold On Help is Coming. Jesus is able to save your life. He is able to save your marriage, to save you from addiction and even to save your sinking business.
Acts 5:18-22 (NIV)
- They arrested the apostles and put them in the public jail.
- But during the night an angel of the Lord opened the doors of the jail and brought them out.
- Go, stand in the temple courts, he said, "and tell the people the full message of this new life."
- At daybreak they entered the temple courts, as they had been told, and began to teach the people. When the high priest and his associates arrived, they called together the Sanhedrin—the full assembly of the elders of Israel—and sent to the jail for the apostles.
- But on arriving at the jail, the officers did not find them there. So they went back and reported. The Apostles were preaching the word of God without fear. They understood their mission and they were executing it. They were however arrested and put in jail for preaching. The Apostles were not afraid of being arrested. They knew God would rescue them. They did not panic because of the arrest. In the middle of this problem they remained calm. And God did not abandon them. Most Christians are not rooted in the word God. We don't really understand when God says I will never leave you nor forsake you. In whatever situation you may find yourself in trust God, He will come to your rescue. The disciples were helped by an angel send by God. If you are sick, help is coming your way, if you are jobless, help is coming your way, if you need marriage help is coming your way. Hold on, no matter how long it takes it will sure come.
2 Kings 4:1-7 (NIV)
- The wife of a man from the company of the prophets cried out to Elisha, "Your servant my husband is dead, and you know that he revered the LORD. But now his creditor is coming to take my two boys as his slaves."
- Elisha replied to her, "How can I help you? Tell me, what do you have in your house?" "Your servant has nothing there at all," she said, "except a little oil."
- Elisha said, "Go around and ask all your neighbors for empty jars. Don't ask for just a few.
- "Then go inside and shut the door behind you and your sons. Pour oil into all the jars, and as each is filled, put it to one side."
- She left him and afterward shut the door behind her and her sons. They brought the jars to her and she kept pouring.
- When all the jars were full, she said to her son, "Bring me another one." But he replied, "There is not a jar left." Then the oil stopped flowing.
- She went and told the man of God, and he said, "Go, sell the oil and pay your debts. You and your sons can live on what is left." Here is a very painful and sensitive issue of a woman who inherited debt from her dead husband. A family is now under siege soon after the father dies. There is nowhere to go there is no one to turn to. Debtors are on their case to possess her sons for labor. You might be out there with a similar situation. They want to take your house, your car, your stand or all that is precious to you. You have nowhere to run to. You know they are coming. But let me assure you, God is making a plan He is sending someone to help you. There is a plan unfolding already just be patient. You will have an overflow. You will have more than enough.
Set aside time to pray and ask God to give you strength to hold on. Help will come your way. You will have more than enough You will rescued from that prison. You will be rescued from the storms in your life. It is possible with God.
- GRDC in corruption allegations
- Divine insight: Secrets about prophetic timelines
- Grace tidings: Do you understand what it means to be holy?
- Katai fails to make the cut but …
*Prosper Tingini is the Scribe of the Children of God Missionary Assembly — God’s messengers. Contact details: Mobile & WhatsApp — 0771 260 195. Email address: [email protected]