The last time South African star KO and Zimbabwean music giant Winky D shared the stage, they gave the events promoter, 2Kings Entertainment, a major headache.
The promoter was conflicted about who was to go on stage first.
The traditional protocol was that KO, as the main international and visiting act, should shut down the show.
However, the potential danger was that if Winky D went on stage first, the show would be as good as done.
Fans were likely to leave the Amphitheatre in Bulawayo immediately after his performance.
Dubbed 'Best of both worlds', the show was held at the Bulawayo Amphitheatre in 2017.
The two giants will face off again in Bulawayo on December 27, at the Bulawayo Shutdown, slated for ZITF Hall 3.
They could pose a further headache for the promoter.
- Afcon finals moved to Jan 2024
- Traditional instruments give Zim artistes identity
- Beijing’s policy destroying Tibet’s environment
- WB revises downwards Zim growth
Keep Reading
The key question is: who will perform before the other, and who will take the honours for closing down the show?
"The idea was to bring artists from different worlds to come together and perform in Bulawayo," said Byron Rice, the organiser of the show.
"Scheduling artists is always tricky, but that shows how competitive the environment is and also shows that we would have brought in artists that fans love," he said.
Winky D and KO will be joined by other artists such as Young Stunna, Silent Killer, Manine9, Noluntu J, Chillmaster, Hulengende, Fab G, Insimbi Zezhwane, Jnr Spragga, Mzoe 7, and others.
"I am happy to be back on this festival stage. Last year I was a performer as well as Master of Ceremonies. We are promising a good show that closes the year. It's been a good year, and we hope to pick up the same energy for the next artistic year," Mzoe 7 said.




