Moyo pours scorn on Zanu PF, MDCs ‘talks’

HIGHER Education minister, Jonathan Moyo has poured cold water on alleged secret talks between his Zanu PF and the opposition MDCT and MDC parties, saying officials behind the said talks could only be plotting against President Robert Mugabe.

BY OUR STAFF

Reacting to a story published in our sister paper NewsDay on Saturday about the talks reportedly aimed at rescuing the collapsing economy, Moyo said it would be “treacherous” to engage “political losers” (MDCs) as Zanu PF had more than two thirds majority in Parliament

“Successionists using the cover of interparty talks to stampede President Mugabe out of his electoral mandate are playing with fire!’” warned Moyo on his Twitter account.

According to reports, Zanu PF was represented in the talks by July Moyo and Oppah Muchinguri- Kashiri, while Douglas Mwonzora and Lynette Karenyi represented MDC-T, with Moses Mzila Ndlovu and Mirriam Mushayi representing the Welshman Ncube-led MDC.

These informal meetings are reportedly supported by the Zimbabwe Institute (ZI) to facilitate continuous dialogue between political parties. ZI was formed during the inclusive government and its secretariat handled the administration of the Joint Monitoring and Operations Committee at the height of the political feuding in Zimbabwe.

But Moyo yesterday questioned when July Moyo and Muchinguri were appointed Zanu PF representatives
in interparty talks.

“Isaac Maphosa & his socalled Zimbabwe Institute can fool gullible donors, but dreams of another Global Political Agreement (GPA), will this time be a nightmare!” Moyo said

“The only sensible thing to do with more than two thirds majorityin Parliament is to use it for economic recovery by engaging business!”

Moyo could not be reached for comment yesterday.

8 Responses to Moyo pours scorn on Zanu PF, MDCs ‘talks’

1. nyimo September 20, 2015 at 6:14 am #

Use 2/3 for economic recovery???? Really! Go ahead Msorobhangu l thought that’s what we are all waiting for.

2. rejuhatofr September 20, 2015 at 3:24 pm #

I earned $5000 last month by working online just for 5 to 8 hours on my laptop and this was so easy that i myself could not believe before working on this site. If You too want to earn such a big money then come and join us.

try this web-site …….… http://www.22forbescash.com

3. I love my country September 20, 2015 at 4:22 pm #

Prof musadaro. People are suffering mufunge & the GNU, though less than ideal, is the closest thing to prosperity that many Zimbabweans, particularly the young, have experienced. Remaining stuck on the idea that someone wants to wrest power from you when people are dealing with bread and butter issues is insensitive to say the least. Real solutions, not arrogance, are required. We continue to pray for you and for a better Zimbabwe

4. cuvorabol September 20, 2015 at 4:23 pm #

I’ve made $64,000 so far this year w0rking 0nline and I’m a full time student. I’m using an 0nline business opportunity I heard about and I’ve made such great m0ney. It’s really user friendly and I’m just so happy that I found out about it. Here’s what I’ve been doing…
    ———->>> http://www.online-jobs9.com

5. Boysen Mangauzani September 21, 2015 at 9:21 am #

It’s quite funng to hear a coward like Jonso, who deserted the Chimurenga war, talking tough. Whenever there is the sound of gunfire the likes of Jonso will be the first to board the very first plane straight out of Zimbabwe. Knowing Jonso as I do, I quite sure that once the old man is out of the way he will secure a teaching post anywhere outside Zim.

6. ElizabethBurke September 23, 2015 at 4:24 pm #

I can see what your saying… Margaret `s storry is impossible… on tuesday I got a gorgeous Lotus Carlton when I got my check for usd7673 this month and-over, 10k this past-month . it’s actualy the coolest work I’ve had . I started this 8-months ago and straight away was bringin home overusd71 per/hr . you could look here

====== ►►►► http://www.jobsites30.com

7. laphachoph September 26, 2015 at 6:06 am #

try this web-site …….… http://www.22forbescash.com

8. cde torasabu tiende September 27, 2015 at 4:55 am #

Well done becoz l dont see our esteemed politburo appointing mai Tanya in her current state of political demise to lead such talk ko kuzoti iyo hoo hoo ya Baba Fari yaka shaiswa kana cabinet post zvayo lets be more serious mani CdeJonso, apa wabaya