Mugabe returns from mystery trip

PRESIDENT Robert Mugabe yesterday returned home from Singapore after flying out on Tuesday ostensibly for a cultural festival in India.

The 92-year-old leader did not set foot in India amid claims he had cancelled his engagements in that country for security and protocol reasons. An online flight tracking system later revealed that Mugabe had flown straight to Singapore where he regularly receives medical treatment.

Mugabe, who arrived at around 6am, was welcomed at Harare International Airport by his two deputies, Emmerson Mnangagwa and Phelekezela Mphoko.

Information ministry’s principal director Regis Chikowore confirmed Mugabe’s return but declined to comment on what he was doing in Singapore.

He referred questions to Mugabe’s spokesperson George Charamba, whose phone was not being answered. However, Foreign Affairs minister Simbarashe Mumbengegwi told ZTV that Mugabe’s aborted trip to India was not only to attend the cultural festival as a guest of honour.

He said Mugabe wanted to engage in talks with Indian President Pranab Mukherjee over economic issues and projects the Asian country had in Zimbabwe.

Mumbengegwi said Zimbabwe and India entered into several bilateral agreements, and Mugabe’s visit and talks with Mukherjee — if the visit had been successful — were going to strengthen relationships between the two countries.

Mugabe was criticised by Zimbabweans who said his penchant for foreign trips was too much, to the extent he was now attending events that were supposed to be attended by his juniors in government.
He was accused of wasting tax payers’ money at a time the government was failing to feed the nation in the wake of a serious drought.

Charamba yesterday appeared on television saying that journalists were demanding to know the reason why Mugabe had gone to Singapore, and yet it was not their right to know.

6 Responses to Mugabe returns from mystery trip

1. TruthBTold March 14, 2016 at 11:04 am #

The is NO mystery trip. RGM went to Singapore to get his medical tweak. I am sick and tired of ZPF and all their covert machinations. there is NOTHING up front about them at all: to the utter detriment of an entire nation. Lies and deception are all they know

• Roving Eagle March 26, 2016 at 6:33 am #

Left again on Wednesday March 23, 2016

2. GushungowekuGP March 14, 2016 at 10:54 pm #

Mugabe went to get his boost before crushing once and for all this lacoste phenomenon

3. jjajja maria March 16, 2016 at 7:24 am #

SHE SAVED MY MARRIAGE AND BLESSED ME FINANCIALLY THROUGH A SPECIAL PRAYERS THAT ACTIVATED THE ANOINTING OIL WHICH ALSO CONQUERED MY ENEMIES AT MY WORK PLACE.Several years of unhappiness in my marriage led to loneliness, continuous crying and suffering,after hearing about mama with a healing hand,i decided to visit her in her temple where she read my fortune accurately and told me about my past life,my marriage and business and in a MAGIC POT OF ANOINTED OIL.She performed a special prayer according to the BIBLE IN THE BOOK OF RUTH CHAPTER 1, NAOMI
    AND HE WOULD ACCEPT HER AND MARRY HER! SHE DID AND HE MARRIED HER! and in less than 3 days all my problems were over and I`m very happy in my marriage and my husband left his girl friend and came back to me.She also gave me powerful magic pot to boost my business and its stability and paid all my debts,ring to protect me from my enemies,magic wallet to increase my financial blessings and promotion at work .There is no any other way i can thank you but to tell others about you and
    your work!contact her +27735333936 email her ,

4. Gold Ruyondo March 17, 2016 at 12:56 pm #

comrade Mugabe why dint you resign?

5. toti March 20, 2016 at 3:03 am #

i dont want to resign!!!!!!.

by mugabe!!!!