Simba ease relegation troubles

With the victory Simba Bhora moved to position eight, riding a point above Hwange, who are away to Triangle at Gibbo today.


SIMBA BHORA. . . . . . (1) 1

SIMBA Bhora eased their relegation worries after picking up maximum points on the road when they brushed aside Bulawayo Chiefs in a drab Castle Lager Premier Soccer League match at Luveve Stadium yesterday.

A solitary goal by their man-of-the-moment Tymon Machope in the first half ensured victory for visiting Simba Bhora, who also pummelled giants Highlanders at Baobab in their last outing.

Machope got the winner in the fourth minute from inside the box, nutmegging an advancing Bulawayo Chiefs goalkeeper Khulekani Dube after he was sent through by Tinashe Balakasi.

With the victory Simba Bhora moved to position eight, riding a point above Hwange, who are away to Triangle at Gibbo today.

Coach Tonderai Ndiraya was ecstatic.

"I am excited, if you can beat two good teams (Highlanders and Chiefs) with so much football history, then you know that you are developing well. We are a club that is developing, but in our development we have one or two surprises. It was a difficult match. We played under very difficult conditions. It was very hot and humid which made it difficult. But our plan worked, we came here, wanted an early goal, which we managed and managed the game," Ndiraya said.

His opposite Johanisi Nhumwa expressed disappointment

"If you see the way we started. We started poorly and in football by the time you sleep you are out. If you look back at our games, we are conceding in the first five minutes. I don't know why the boys are relaxing," Nhumwa said.

Chiefs' defender Panashe Shoko's curler from a free kick on the edge of the box on the right in the 33rd minute sailed over as The Ninjas searched for that equaliser.

But a minute later, the visitors could have made it two, but Chiefs goalkeeper Dube made a brilliant save from a Balakasi effort. Balakasi had been set up by Ronald Chitiyo. Three minutes into the second half, Chiefs got another free-kick just outside the penalty area and Shoko's shot was saved by Simba Bhora goalkeeper Simbarashe Chinani.

The Ninjas continued to search for the equaliser pressing high upfront but Simba were resilient and would not give in.

Chinani came to Simba's rescue once again in the 78th punching back into play a well taken shot by substitute Billy Veremu from inside the box.

Veremu came in for Dalubuhle Dlodlo just after the hour mark. Simba Bhora emerged victorious as The Ninjas suffered their third defeat on the trot.

Related Topics