HomeSportFC Platinum fire warning shots

FC Platinum fire warning shots

Former Dynamos player Nicholas Alifandika had thrust Mambas into the lead in the 23rd minute, but defender Norman Togara cancelled the lead four minutes from half time when he weaved his way past three defenders before beating Learnmore Jere, in goals for Black Mambas.

Quadr Amini then thrust FC Platinum in the lead in the 51st minute when his speculative shot from outside the box left Mambas goalkeeper Jere a mere spectator with Ali “Gazza” Sadiki  putting the match beyond Mambas’ reach. That occured four minutes from time after he got to the end of a Charles Sibanda pass from the middle of the park.

While Mambas coaching department headed by John Ncube chose to snub the mandatory post match  interviews against this season’s rules and regulations, FC Platinum coach Rahman Gumbo praised his charges for picking up their pace in the second half after a slow start.

“It was a difficult game, but I am happy with the way the boys reacted especially in the second half. We started slowly, but the boys picked up in the second half. The fact that none of my strikers were on target today is a good sign because it means that everyone in the team can score goals. What matters is the result,” he said.

In a match which was watched by a vociferous crowd backing their respective teams, FC Platinum started the more offensive side with Mambas having to rely on counter raids.

In Hwange, Perseverance Zulu reports that Hwange beat  Quelaton  4-3 in a seven goal thriller match at the Colliery on Saturday.

The visitors were the first to hit the target through Kundishora Takanyuka in the 12th minute before Gilbert Zulu equalised in the 33rd minute.

Allan Tavarwisa then put the host in the lead on the stroke of half time. Proud Zireni was given marching orders for a second bookable offence in the 38th minute after being cautioned earlier in the 18th minute. Just after the breather, Eddie Nkukumo equalised for Quelaton in the 50th minute before Munyaradzi Mungadzi put the host in the lead again in the 61st minute.

Kundishora was back again to complete his brace when he equalised for Quelaton in the 74th minute. Francisco Zikumbawire a 77th minute substitute then scored Hwange’s winner in the 84th minute to deny Quelaton a deserved draw.

In Bulawayo, Fortune Mbele reports that Gunners and Chicken  Inn settled for a goalless draw.

Both teams created numerous scoring chances but their strikers could not convert them to goals.

Recent Posts

Stories you will enjoy

Recommended reading