HomeSportDreadful Dynamos draw again

Dreadful Dynamos draw again

DYNAMOS . . . . . . .0
TRIANGLE . . . . . . .0

Report by Newsday

The three draws by Dynamos in the first three matches of the Castle Lager Premier Soccer League seemed a minor setback to the Harare giants’ cause this term, but yesterday’s home and fourth draw against debutants Triangle certainly got many of their followers into panic mode.
Some have argued that DeMbare are traditionally slow starters, but this start has been much slower than expected with log leaders FC Platinum having raced to 12 points opening an eight-point gap between the two.

Yesterday, Dynamos just had to win to ease some pressure, yet Triangle came and did a good job on them restricting the champions to a few chances.

It might be early days in the season, but Dynamos’ chances of defending the title are fast dwindling.

Disgruntled supporters made their feelings known after the match as a section of a militant group barricaded the main gate to the stadium, blocking the team bus from leaving.

The bus only left after the intervention of the police.

This was Triangle’s fourth point of the season after recording two defeats and a win before yesterday’s match.

The match saw two players from both sides getting red cards.

Triangle defender Richard Kawondera was shown a second yellow card 11 minutes after the half-time break for bad tackles and 12 minutes later, Dynamos goalkeeper George Chigova followed him to the dressing room after he unwisely shoved Limited Chikafa in retaliation after being fouled.

Pressure is clearly beginning to mount on coach Kalisto Pasuwa as he looks for that attacking flair which can give him that elusive win.

The Harare giants have scored three goals so far, all coming from midfielders.

Pasuwa yesterday started with two outright strikers with Allan Tavarwisa getting his debut since signing from Hwange in the last transfer window. He was partnered with Patrick Khumbula.

Tawanda Muparati and Murape Murape were benched in favour of the speedy Cliff Sekete and Tichaona Mabvura.

But the rearranged team still stuttered in attack with too many of the players clearly suffering a crisis of confidence.

The first half, with Triangle content to contain the Harare giants, drifted aimlessly.

Tavarwisa posed some problems for the visitors upfront early in the game with some deft touches.

The former Hwange man headed over the bar from inside the box eight minutes and also on 35 minutes from almost a similar position, with left-back Augustine Mbara providing the crosses on both occasions.

In between, the visitors threatened on occasion. David Sengu’s free-kick from just outside the box flew wide while the influential Chikafa took his time when freed and Patson Jaure recovered to block the effort.

Both sides continued to create few chances at the start of the second half although the tempo had increased slightly.

Dynamos defender Gift Bello galloped forward, but his tame shot failed to trouble Triangle goalie Brighton Chipula and moments later, Kawondera, who was carrying a yellow card from the first-half, brought down Mbara and referee Batsirai Muchenje flashed the second.

The hosts began to see much of the ball, but the chances were still few and frustration began to show.

A long ball from the back saw Chikafa clashing with Chigova at the other end as they tussled for possession and in the heat of the moment, Chigova pushed the striker and the referee produced a straight red.

But still, it was the home side who created the better chances. Khumbula scuffed his shot over from inside the box after being fed by substitute Murape while Devon Chafa and Mbara shot straight at the goalkeeper.

Recent Posts

Stories you will enjoy

Recommended reading